Weather on Orchard Mesa

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Seger Sunday

I saw The Bob Seger System in a little club called the Copper Door in Columbia, SC 1968 when Maurice Williams And The Zodiacs, The Tams and James Brown flooded the air waves and everybody was listening to beach music and doin' the Shag. NOT that night, though. No ID check If you had the $1 cover and didn't look like a kid c'mon in! Drinking, dope smoking, and grinding was goin' ON in that tightly filled little room which had either a stage OR a dancefloor- but not at the same time. heh Seger and Co. had no album out at that time but gave away 45's of Ramblin' Gamblin' Man with a blank B side. Big big fun for a recently turned 17 me. Yessir, accident or intended, Bob Seger played the songs of my life during my late teens and twenties. TOUGH fuckin' times for el chavo, here but I wouldn't change a thing. Keep Rockin' On witchya bad self Bob!

btw ... can somebody please explain to me how Kid 'muhfuckin' ROCK ... came from the same place as Bob Seger? Sheesh!









Yeeaahhh ... Back when you could tell make and model of every car on the road ... and every fuckin' ONE of 'em kicked ass! HA!



Lawd I remember ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Please express your thoughts FREELY.