Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Ear Candy Toofer Toosdy

From the Bachman Brothers. and Fred Turner. First, as always, screaming fucking guitars with a beat for days, then the jazzy side of Randy Bachman and crew. Can you Guess Who next week's guest for Toofer Toosdy will be? Crank It and Enjoy, Ya'll. Let It Roll ...



We rented a truck and a semi to go
Travel down the long and the winding road
Look on the map, I think we've been there before
Close up the doors, let's roll once more

Cop's on the corner, look he's starting to write
Well, I don't need no ticket so I screamed out of sight
Drove so fast that my eyes can't see
Look in the mirror, is he still following me?

Let it roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway
Roll, roll

Look at the sign, we're in the wrong place
Move out boys and let's get ready to race
Four fifty-four's coming over the hill
The man on patrol is gonna give us a bill

The time's real short, you know the distance is long
I'd like to have a jet but it's not in the song
Climb back in the cab, cross your fingers for luck
We gotta keep moving if we're going to make a buck

Let it roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway
Roll

Let it roll
Let it roll
Let it roll
Let it roll

Let it roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway
Roll, roll, roll

Down the highway
Let it roll down the highway
Roll, roll, roll

Let it roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway
Roll, roll, roll  



Walk your street
And I'll walk mine
And should we meet
Would you spare me some time?
Cuz you should see my world,
Meet my kind, and before you judge our minds
Blue collar

Sleep your sleep
I'm awake and alive
I keep late hours
You're a nine to five
So I would like you to know
I need the quiet hours to create in this world of mine
Blue collar

I'd like you to know at four in the morning, things are comin' to mind
All I see, all I've done, and those I hope to find
I'd like to remind you at four in the morning my world is very still
The air is fresh under diamond skies, makes me glad to be alive

You keep that beat
And I keep time
Your restless face
Is no longer mine
I rest my feet while this world's in heat and I wish that you could do the same
Blue collar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind. This Is Fucken 'Murka!